Who Would Want Wrinkles Showing on their Face or Dry and Sagging Skin?
I certainly don’t. What about you?
We can’t deny the fact that no one can escape the process of aging and none is exempted to this natural law. If only you could turn the hands of time and bring back the youthful glow and radiance of the skin you once had.
But, it’s never too late. The formation of these dreaded lines and unwanted blemishes on our skin can still be prevented or delayed. How? The answer is collagen.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is an important protein that is mainly responsible for the hydration of the skin. Collagen is very abundant in our body and provides not only our skin but also the muscles, bones and organs elasticity, strength and firmness. However, the production of collagen decreases when one reaches the ages of 30-40 years old. And because of this, the signs of skin aging occur. And so collagen supplements are recommended for people within this age bracket to replenish and nourish the collagen supply in their system. There are several benefits of collagen and here are some that we are about to discuss:
- Fights skin aging. Collagen rejuvenates aging skin and other signs of skin aging.
- Deeply moisturizes the skin. Collagen has hydrating properties and answers the problem of dry and rough aged skin.
- Smoothes out wrinkles. The fine lines and wrinkles can be lessened with the use of collagen.
- Decreases cellulite formation. Cellulite is one of the most despised skin problems by many women. Collagen has been proven to deplete cellulite.
- Protects outer skin from UV light. When collagen is used with your sunscreen, it enhances the protection from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Regenerates the skin, hair and nails. Collagen makes your skin glow, turns hair from grey to a darker color and strengthens the nails.
- Alleviate joint pain. Collagen hydrates and lubricates joints and provides relief for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- Reduces varicose veins. Varicose veins are no longer too visible with collagen’s elastic properties.
- Helps in bone formation. Collagen aids in the production of cartilage and bone.
- Retains lean muscle and aids in weight loss. Collagen preserves lean muscle and avoids fat storage in the body leading to loss of weight.
- Decreases swelling and inflammation. Research has discovered that collagen can also decrease swelling and inflammation with no side effects at all.
It is indeed a great thing to know the many benefits of collagen as it provides us ideas on how to prevent the early signs of aging.
Thus, if you want to keep that flawless and glowing skin, the skin benefits that collagen provides are truly priceless.