Common Skin Care Products For Each Skin Type
Our skin is the best evidence of how we take care of our body. Proper skin care should be an important part of our daily lives.
However, before we start treating our skin with skin care products, we should first identify our skin type.
Different Skin Types:
- Normal Skin – It shows a clear rosy façade with fine pores and have a smooth texture. It is truly blemish-free. Younger people are often found with this type of skin.
- Dry Skin – The skin type is characterized by lack of moisture. Fine lines and wrinkles are very visible making the skin look dull especially on the face. It is prone to early signs of aging and can worsen due to cosmetics, medications or climate.
- Oily Skin – This skin type is characterized by an oily skin surface due to an increase production amount of lipids. It is often shiny and is appearing to be thick due to the enlargement of the skin pores. Blackheads and other blemishes are often found on people with this skin type.
- Combination Skin – it is a skin type that is both oily in some parts and at the same time dry in other parts as well. This skin type is very common. A common appearance of this type is dryness on the cheeks and around the eyes while having an oily skin in the T-zone that is the nose, chin and forehead parts. Since this skin type is a mixture of two skin types, the different type requires different skin care treatment.
- Aging or Mature Skin – as we get old, our skin also age. Our skin tends to become dry and dull as our skin’s sebum production slows down; and as women experience menopause, their hormones shifts its balance as their skin gradually become thinner making it more sensitive to weather conditions, climate and other factors.
Having the knowledge on the different skin types will help you greatly on identifying what type of skin you have and eventually makes you aware what skin care product is right for you.
Here are some common types of facial skin care products:
- Facial Cleansers
Facial cleansers remove dirt, oil and make-up on your face. If you have normal skin type, you can use soap, if you have normal to dry skin, you may want to use a liquid cleanser so it doesn’t dry the oil off your skin. However, if you have oily skin, it is best that you find a cleanser that is specifically formulated for such skin type. Make sure to rinse well then pat dry.
- Facial Toner or Astringent
This removes any excess dirt, soap or oil. After cleansing the face, finish it off with a toner. It should be applied using a cotton ball or cotton pad. Since it contain a small amount of alcohol, be careful not to put some on your eyes. This is best for combination skin types.
- Facial Moisturizer
A moisturizing cream helps replenish the lost moisture of our skin throughout the day and the cleaning process. Get a pea size amount and dot it gently on your face.
- Facial Mask
Unlike cleansers, toners and moisturizers that should be applied every day, a facial mask should be applied or used only once a week. It greatly helps replenish lost moisture to the skin and cleans the pores deeply.
Sunscreens are the best way to prevent our skin from early signs of aging, and cancer caused by too much exposure to the sun. Always wear a sunscreen with an SPF 15 or higher before going outdoors to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays.
Our aim is to have a healthy, glowing and youthful looking skin. Thus, it is essential to use skin care products that will help keep your skin evenly toned. Proper care for the skin doesn’t have to be expensive.
You should find the right skin care product that is safe for your skin, that works best with your skin type and provide your with effective results in 6-8 weeks time.
Go Here For Complete Anti Aging Skincare Products