Home Face Mask Recipes That Work
Each of us has different skin type. Check out the following home face mask recipes that you would enjoy doing at home while they answer your individual skin concerns.
This is the type of skin that is prone to pimples. Possible causes of this are hormone levels, hot weather, heredity, pregnancy, diet, use of birth control pills and cosmetics. Try the following home face mask recipes and free you skin from blemishes!
Strawberry Face Mask
- Mash 5 to 6 pieces of strawberries in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. of yogurt and blend them well until a paste-like mixture is achieved.
- Spread it over your face and leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Apple Face Mask
- Mash ½ apple in a blender, you may or may not leave the peel on.
- Mix 1 tbsp. warm milk and 1 egg yolk.
- Blend these three ingredients well.
- Add 1 tbsp. oatmeal so the mixture won’t be too runny.
- Spread it all over your face and allow it to stay for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
This skin type may further lead to sensitive skin. Aside from heredity and harsh weather conditions, another factor of getting dry skin is poor diet, especially if you are not taking enough Vitamin A and Vitamin B. Banana and avocado are known to be natural great skin moisturizers. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how make your own natural face mask.
Banana Face Mask
- Mash 1 piece of banana and add 1tbsp of sweet almond oil on it.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth enough to be applied on your face.
- Spread it evenly and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Avocado Face Mask
- Mix 1 piece of avocado and 4tbsp. plain yogurt in a blender.
- When smooth, apply it on your face.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Combination Skin (both dry and oily)
This skin type may be characterized by an oily forehead and T zone and dry cheeks. Since there are two different areas that must be treated in one face, you must make use of fruits that would moisturize the dry section but would not result to oiliness. Grapes and watermelons are the best home face mask recipes for that.
Grape Face Mask
- Crush 1 cup of green grapes.
- Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Place the mixture over moistened face.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off.
Watermelon Face Mask
- Chop ½ watermelon into smaller pieces.
- Remove any hard chunks.
- Place it in a blender.
- Add 1 piece banana and ½ cup of plain yogurt.
- Blend until the mixture is paste-like.
- Spread over your face.
- Leave for 15 minutes.