Important Role of Antioxidants for Skin
It is normal for people especially women out of their twenties to try all possible methods to bring back their once youthful look. Some use topical anti-aging products, while some opt for a more expensive aesthetic treatment to recapture their youth and are willing to spend thousands of dollars. However, not all are in favor of using anti-aging products and painful medical treatments to prevent the signs of aging.
To follow an anti-aging diet, I can say, is the safest, most effective and least expensive method to delay the aging process of our body as we stay healthy and at the same time feel happy. Eating healthy helps our body age in a polished manner.
Having a healthy diet not only helps lessen the signs of aging but it also helps lower our body’s risk to diseases. To maintain our health and well being, it is clearly essential that we must eat healthy foods. A healthy anti-aging diet should include foods that are rich in antioxidants for skin and body such as fruits and vegetables.
What are antioxidants?
- Antioxidants are chemical nutrients (vitamins and minerals) which are usually found in fruits and vegetables as well as enzymes which are proteins in our body that helps in chemical reactions.
- Common antioxidants are Vitamin A, C, E, Selenium and Beta Carotene.
What are the benefits of antioxidants?
Free radicals are considered enemies of antioxidants. Free radicals attack our body every day. Harmful chemicals from the food intake, alcohol, tobacco, pollutants from the air, sun damage are among the common representations of free radicals.
- What antioxidants for skin and body do is they destroy these harmful free radicals and neutralize its damaging effects to the skin.
- Antioxidants help the body’s immune system in preventing the development of chronic illnesses such as stroke, cancer, heart diseases, etc…
- Antioxidants help the growth of healthy cells.
- Antioxidants protect our cells from early aging.
Where do we usually get antioxidants?
Antioxidants are usually found in fruits and vegetables. We acquire these organic compounds through brightly colored foods such as squash, berries, tomatoes, citrus fruits, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, shellfish, red meat, and eggs. Having foods that are rich in antioxidants should be part of your daily diet to harvest the fruits of antioxidants, anti-aging benefits and to prevent the free radicals to enter and damaging our body.
To have that as well as a strong body, we should eat the right healthy antioxidants-rich foods. This will help our body to have healthier cells while repairing itself from damage thus giving us not only healthy, youthful-looking skin but also the feeling of youth once more every day.
Having a healthy anti-aging diet alone doesn’t necessarily mean we get to fight aging. We should also avoid smoking, stress and drinking alcohol as these are contributing factors to premature aging. Having a healthy diet, doing regular exercises and having adequate rest are the secrets to anti-aging.